<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Chief Justice Rehnquist is just like me: Read the following exchange here to see that when I removed the Greedy Clerks Board from my blog roll, I showed my capacity to some day be Chief.

CHIEF JUSTICE REHNQUIST: Do we know -- do we know what the vote was in Congress apropos of divisiveness to adopt the under
God phrase?
MR. NEWDOW: In 1954?
QUESTION: Yes.
MR. NEWDOW: It was apparently unanimous. There was no objection. There's no count of the vote.
CHIEF JUSTICE REHNQUIST: Well, that doesn't sound divisive.
(Laughter.)
MR. NEWDOW: It doesn't sound divisive if --that's only because no atheist can get elected to public
office. The studies show that 48 percent of the population cannot get elected.
(Applause.)
CHIEF JUSTICE REHNQUIST: The courtroom will be cleared if there's any more clapping. Proceed, Mr. Newdow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?